KaramoG’ Café!

I wonder if any of you remember a place named KaramoG’ Café in Lahore.
Directions: Coming from M.M.Alam road to Hussain Chowk, it was on the right hand corner of the first left exit (sounding like the GPS aunty :p) There were many shops clustered in a two story building, few on ground floor few on the first floor, with a staircase from backside, well! This was in the center of all that formation, tainted glass doors, a cool and calm place filled with aroma of chocolates, desserts and sandwiches!
The trend of Cafés was just blooming in Lahore back at that time, year 2004-05 may be. Once visited casually, I liked this place so much that it became my go-to place after Freddie’s Café in the same vicinity. Trust me if I tell you that their Death by CHOCOLATE was so deadly that I have never ever tasted it ever again in my life, yes it was so yummilicious. Tried the sandwiches, my first, too, the B.BQ one was lethal with it fresh veggies and dripping sauces. Many times I went there with friends, someone whom I have forgotten and few times all alone. I went to contemplate on my life, sitting in a cool place, avoiding the scorching heat of Lahore. Or just to satisfy my craving for THAT Death by Chocolate slice piece (which costed between 85-120/- Pkr). I liked it more than the infamous Masoom’s café.
Well I am feeling nostalgic now, I don’t miss “anyone”… I miss that place!

#Hudanama
RABB RAKHA!!!

Comments

  1. Very well written. Loved your precise post and the cafe sounds great. Hope you get to visit it again soon.
    Much Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2004 was the only time I went to Lahore before last year. Even if I had been to this place you mention, I don't remember. I was very young! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to #HudaNama!
Leave your precious feedback, much appreciated.
If you have a nasty comment please keep it to yourself as I am meditating! :p